Ann Cary Randolph Bankhead
Ann (sometimes Anne) Cary Randolph Bankhead (January 23, 1791 – February 11, 1826) was the granddaughter of Thomas Jefferson, daughter of Thomas Mann Randolph and Jefferson's oldest daughter, Martha. Jefferson gave eight titles from Wythe's library jointly to his granddaughters, Ann and Ellen.
Wythe Books Given to Ann and Ellen Randolph by Thomas Jefferson
|Plutarch’s lives 1st. to the 6th. vol. 8vo.|
|Morals 4.v. 8vo.|
|Pope’s Odyssey. 5.v. 12mo.|
|Shakespear. 3. odd vols. p.f. .|
|Pope’s Homer’s Iliad. 1st. 3d. 4th. 5th. 6th vols 12mo|
|Odyssey. 5.v. 12mo.|
|Dryden’s works. 6.v. 12mo.|
|Shakespeare by Theobald. the first 6.v. 12mo.|
- Dabney Carr
- Ellen Wayles Randolph Coolidge
- James Dinsmore
- James Ogilvie
- Jefferson Inventory
- John Wayles Eppes
- Last Will and Testament
- Martha Jefferson Randolph
- Thomas Jefferson Randolph
- Thomas Mann Randolph
- See the page for Ann Cary Randolph Bankhead in the Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia for more information about Anne Randolph.
- "Library of George Wythe," Thomas Jefferson Libraries, Monticello, accessed July 2, 2013. For the manuscript version, see "Inventory of the Books Received by Thomas Jefferson from the Estate of George Wythe, Circa September, 1806," Massachusetts Historical Society, accessed July 2, 2013.