Ellen Wayles Randolph Coolidge
Ellen Wayles Randolph Coolidge (October 13, 1796 – April 30, 1876) was the granddaughter of Thomas Jefferson, daughter of Thomas Mann Randolph and Jefferson's oldest daughter, Martha. Jefferson gave eight titles from Wythe's library jointly to his grandaughters, Ann and Ellen.
Wythe Books Given to Ann and Ellen Randolph by Thomas Jefferson
The list below was adapted from the "Library of George Wythe" in the Thomas Jefferson Libraries project on the website for Monticello.
|Plutarch’s lives 1st. to the 6th. vol. 8vo.|
|Morals 4.v. 8vo.|
|Pope’s Odyssey. 5.v. 12mo.|
|Shakespear. 3. odd vols. p.f. .|
|Pope’s Homer’s Iliad. 1st. 3d. 4th. 5th. 6th vols 12mo|
|Odyssey. 5.v. 12mo.|
|Dryden’s works. 6.v. 12mo.|
|Shakespeare by Theobald. the first 6.v. 12mo.|
- Ann Cary Randolph Bankhead
- Dabney Carr
- James Dinsmore
- James Ogilvie
- Jefferson Inventory
- John Wayles Eppes
- Last Will and Testament
- Martha Jefferson Randolph
- Thomas Jefferson Randolph
- Thomas Mann Randolph
- See the page for Ellen Wayles Randolph Coolidge in the Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia for more information about Ellen Randolph.
- "Library of George Wythe," Thomas Jefferson Libraries, Monticello, accessed July 2, 2013. For the manuscript version, see "Inventory of the Books Received by Thomas Jefferson from the Estate of George Wythe, Circa September, 1806," Massachusetts Historical Society, accessed July 2, 2013.