Cases Collect & Report per Sir Fra. Moore, Chivalier
by Sir Francis Moore
|Cases Collect & Report per Sir Fra. Moore, Chivalier|
Title page from Cases Collect & Report per Sir Fra. Moore, Chivalier, George Wythe Collection, Wolf Law Library, College of William & Mary.
|Author||Sir Francis Moore|
|Published||London: Printed for G. Pawlet, and are to be sold by Mat. Wotton|
|Volumes||1 volume set|
|Pages||9, 918,  pages|
Evidence for Inclusion in Wythe's Library
Listed in the Jefferson Inventory of Wythe's Library as "Moore's rep. fol." and given by Thomas Jefferson to Dabney Carr. Editions were published in 1652 and 1653. The Brown Bibliography includes the 1688 edition which Thomas Jefferson also owned. George Wythe's Library on LibraryThingindicates "Precise edition unknown. Folio editions were published at London in 1663, 1675 and 1688."
Description of the Wolf Law Library's copy
Backed in modern leather with cloth-covered boards.
View this book in William & Mary's online catalog.
- J. G. Marvin, Legal Bibliography or a Thesaurus of American, English, Irish, and Scotch Law Books (Philadelphia: T. & J. W. Johnson, Law Booksellers, 1847), 339.
- Bennie Brown, "The Library of George Wythe of Williamsburg and Richmond," (unpublished manuscript, May, 2012) Microsoft Word file. Earlier edition available at: https://digitalarchive.wm.edu/handle/10288/13433
- E. Millicent Sowerby, Catalogue of the Library of Thomas Jefferson, 2nd ed. (Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia, 1983), 2:328 [no.2031].
- LibraryThing, s. v. "Member: George Wythe", accessed on September 16, 2013.
- Wallace also lists these three editions. The 1688 edition is therefore incorrectly marked and should be the third edition, although it might considered a reprint of the 1675 edition which added a portrait of the author, but made no changes to the text. See: John William Wallace, The Reporters, Arranged and Characterized with Incidental Remarks, 4th ed., rev. and enl., (Boston: Soule and Bugbee, 1882), 126.