Tes Kaines Diathekes Apanta = Novum Testamentum
|The Holy Bible, New Testament|
at the College of William & Mary.
|Published||Londini: Impensis R. Knaplock, J. Tonson, & J. Watts|
Evidence for Inclusion in Wythe's Library
There is no doubt that Wythe owned this title—a copy of the 1728 edition of "Novum testamentum. Gr. 8vo. Lond." at the Library of Congress includes George Wythe's bookplate. Thomas Jefferson also listed "Novum Testamentum" in his inventory of Wythe's Library, noting that he kept the volume himself. He later sold it to the Library of Congress in 1815. Both George Wythe's Library on LibraryThing and the Brown Bibliography list the 1728 edition published in London based on the edition Millicent Sowerby included in Catalogue of the Library of Thomas Jefferson,. As yet, the Wolf Law Library has been unable to procure a copy of Kaines Diathekes Apanta.
- [[Holy Bible|The Holy Bible, Containing the Old and New Testaments]
- Hē Kainē Diathēkē. Novum Testamentum
- Tes Kaines Diathekes Apanta = Novum Testamentum
- Tēs Kainēs Diathēkēs Hapanta = Novum Testamentum
- Hē Palaia Diatheke Kata tous Hebdomenkonta = Vetus Testamentum Græcum
- Psaltērion Psalterium
- Wythe's Library
- LibraryThing, s.v. "Member: George Wythe," accessed on November 19, 2013.
- Bennie Brown, "The Library of George Wythe of Williamsburg and Richmond," (unpublished manuscript, May, 2012) Microsoft Word file. Earlier edition available at: https://digitalarchive.wm.edu/handle/10288/13433.
- E. Millicent Sowerby, Catalogue of the Library of Thomas Jefferson, 2nd ed. (Charlottesville: University Press of Virginia, 1983), 2:99 [no.1479].