James Dinsmore (c.1771 – 1830) was an Irish joiner who worked at Monticello from 1798 to 1809. When Thomas Jefferson divided Wythe's library, Dinsmore received seven titles.
Wythe Books Given to Dinsmore by Thomas Jefferson
The list below was adapted from the "Library of George Wythe" in the Thomas Jefferson Libraries project on the website for Monticello. The linked titles in blue are copies in the Wolf Law Library's George Wythe Collection.
|To James Dinsmore.|
|Stewart & Revett’s Antiquities of Athens.|
|juris civilis. fol.|
|[H]arris’s Justinian. 4to.|
|[Vi?]nnii institutiones. 4to.|
|Taylor’s civil law. 4to.|
- Ann Cary Randolph Bankhead
- Dabney Carr
- Ellen Wayles Randolph Coolidge
- James Ogilvie
- Jefferson Inventory
- John Wayles Eppes
- Martha Jefferson Randolph
- Thomas Jefferson Randolph
- Thomas Mann Randolph
- Thomas Jefferson Encyclopedia, s.v. "James Dinsmore," accessed July 3, 2013.
- "Library of George Wythe," Thomas Jefferson Libraries, Monticello, accessed July 2, 2013. For the manuscript version, see "Inventory of the Books Received by Thomas Jefferson from the Estate of George Wythe, Circa September, 1806," Massachusetts Historical Society, accessed July 2, 2013, .